Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 5 July 2012

Grandmother's square and Jan Eaton Challenge square arrive!

Hello everyone and welcome to SIBOL!

I am very pleased to be showing you the squares that have come in for our 200th blanket. I can't believe that we have now made 199 already. I asked the 'SIBOLETTES' on RAVELRY if they had any ideas of what we could do to celebrate our 200th blanket and craftymizz suggested that we make a blanket using my Grandmother as inspiration.

Today I received a square from jenn1feranne in Scotland.  My Grandmother was an Aston Villa fan and there were often heated discussions about the matches with my Father. When I was asked to write about my Grandmother's favourite things and what she liked doing I mentioned the Football. 

Today I have received a really pretty square. The Granny square background is in the colours of Aston Villa as you can see and in the centre a red rose one of my Grandmother's favourite flowers.

jenn1feranne (Scotland) Grandmother's blanket.

It really is a wonderful square thank you jenn1feranne. I can't wait to see the squares that we are collecting. There are still places if you want to help make a special 200th blanket please pop over to RAVELRY.
Thank you.

jenn1feranne also helped me out with a Jan Eaton square I needed. This one has turned out lovely too.
I am only waiting for one more and then I can get the blanket made up. This square is called 'Raspberries & Cream' and it's No. 77 in the Jan Eaton book. '200 Crochet Blocks for blankets, throws and afghans'.


jenn1feranne (Scotland) Jan Eaton No.77 'Raspberries & Cream'. Thank you!



Both brilliant squares, thank you jenn1feranne!

The photo at the top of the blog is of our 'Wiggles' Challenge blanket. I do hope you like it

x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. I love the wiggles blanket, and your wiggly edging finishes it perfectly, Sue. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wiggly blanket!
    And do you remember when I made the mistake that you had made 200 blankets? And then, I said oh well, it won't be long until that number comes around...it didn't take long!!!
    :-)
    Hope you are doing well!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i read your
    blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering
    if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do
    you protect against it, any plugin or anything
    you can
    suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any
    help is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to visit my blog post: Go to my website

    ReplyDelete