Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 27 July 2012

What are 'you' doing while the Olympics are on?

Good afternoon  everyone!

crochet today



Thanks for popping in to SIBOL today! It's the start of the Olympics today and I thought it appropriate to show our beautiful Olympic blanket  that we made.  I am really happy too because 'Crochet Today' over in the States have printed my letter to them thanking our American friends for sending in squares for our Challenge.  Here's the link. Thanks so much 'Crochet Today' for printing my letter.

As you know we make these special Charity blankets but all year round we are busy making blankets for the Elderly in various homes local to me here in Birmingham.

Well the question is what will you be doing while the Olympics are  on? Are you the sort of person who likes to sit Crocheting or Knitting while the TV is on? I know I am.  Well  why not spare a thought for SIBOL and if you have any spare yarn you would like to use up why not make a Large Granny Square blanket or a blanket made up of 25 squares?  We have a few homes to visit during the next few months and I am inviting you to help us.  All details are over on the Challenge Blog.

We do have a 'Square Stop' on at the moment apart from  accepting Challenge squares but I am accepting made up blankets. I have quite a few bags of squares here at home which I am determined to get finished before the end of the year and then we can start our Challenges again. Sending a made up blanket will really help keep our numbers up thank you.

You might also like to make some Butterflies for our blankets, flower embellishments or whatever you think would be nice to hang on our blankets. If you would like a link for the Butterflies please pop over to Netties Blog in Australia where she has a great video tuturial.

I do need squares for our Challenges still if you would like to make any for

Owl Challenge
Irish Rose
Music
Snowman
Faces
Nursery Rhyme
Heart Challenge (Any Heart Design)
Please pop over to our Challenge Blog.

To give you ideas we've just had some Challenge squares arrive from hieke in the Netherlands. Let's take a look at them.

hieke has sent in squares for our Music, Heart, and 200th SIBOL Challenges. Thank you very much!  Such wonderful ideas I love them all. I especially like the 200th SIBOL squares. Inspiration for our 200th blanket has come from my Grandmother. She loved the colour green and red roses and every day she would eat a British Traditional meal of potatotes, meat and vegetables and I think hieke has captured this so.....well! Great Musical squares guitars and a CD or Record too. You've made them really well hieke thank you!

200th blanket squares.


'Musical Challenge'. Such great ideas hieke!


'One Heart From Around The World' Challenge. Thank you!


I would also like to show you a blanket that I have just finished, this one is called 'Greensleeves'. Thanks to everyone that sent in squares for this blanket. I had such fun making it up, another one for our homes.


Thanks to everyone that contributed squares for this blanket.


 
So there is plenty to do on the 'SIBOL' project. I hope I have inspired you to pick up your Knitting Needles or Crocheting Hook. 
 
I would like to thank everyone for your help as a  Group we have raised £1,250.00 for Alzheimer's here in the UK. Enjoy the Olympics everyone!
 
x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue. That was very nice of Crocet Today to print the letter - I'm going to go and read it in a minute.

    I always crochet while watching TV - not too sure if I'll be watching the Olympics though - maybe just a little bit.

    Hope you're having a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete